Position is calculated using distance cycled, plus 1km for every $5 raised.
- Funds Raised
- 1Euro WAM/Variety help kids, as they love to do!Variety - the Children's Charity NSWFinished
- 2Team K2Compassion AustraliaFinished
- 3So They Can Team 1So They CanFinished
- 4Bike BeatsThe Song RoomFinished
- 5WAM in JapanVariety Australia LimitedFinished
- 1Bike BeatsThe Song Room$19172
- 2Euro WAM/Variety help kids, as they love to do!Variety - the Children's Charity NSW$16468
- 3So They Can Team 1So They Can$8774
- 4The Chain GangThe Song Room$7883
- 5Christ Church St Ives Rouleurs Bible Society Australia (Tax Deductible)$7097
- 1Euro WAM/Variety help kids, as they love to do!Variety - the Children's Charity NSW6914 km
- 2WAM in JapanVariety Australia Limited6403 km
- 3Team K2Compassion Australia6034 km
- 4Fellowship of the Chainrings II, Return of 2 Jerseysbeyondblue5714 km
- 5So They Can Team 1So They Can5304 km
This September, join Australia’s most passionate and dedicated cyclists in an epic challenge to (virtually) ride across the country, collectively covering thousands of miles in teams of up to five members to raise funds for Chris O’Brien Lifehouse.
The Great Southern Crossing is a virtual cycling charity challenge for teams of up to five riders that launched on 1 September 2016.
Throughout the event, cyclists log their kilometres on their regular rides using Strava or MapMyFitness and track their progress to see how far they can go on the epic 5,200km virtual route crossing Australia, all while raising funds for their favourite cause.
About Chris O’Brien Lifehouse
Chris O’Brien Lifehouse is Australia’s first not-for-profit, comprehensive cancer centre. Our patients receive their treatment, from diagnosis through surgery, radiation therapy, medical oncology and complementary therapy, all under one roof. Your support is central to Lifehouse achieving lasting change in the way we prevent and treat cancer in Australia. With a strong research team and a dedication to clinical trials our aim is a future without cancer.
The Great Southern Crossing is a race that is peddling goodwill and powering change for Chris O´Brien Lifehouse. This is YOUR opportunity to make all those kilometres on the bike count. Do it from the comfort of your garage, do it on your local bikeway, do it wherever you love to ride – cross with us.
Switch on your fitness app.
It’s your cycling ritual. This September, make your cycling ritual count for the cause you love.