Position is calculated using distance cycled, plus 1km for every $5 raised.
- Funds Raised
- 1Euro WAM/Variety help kids, as they love to do!Variety - the Children's Charity NSWFinished
- 2Team K2Compassion AustraliaFinished
- 3So They Can Team 1So They CanFinished
- 4Bike BeatsThe Song RoomFinished
- 5WAM in JapanVariety Australia LimitedFinished
- 1Bike BeatsThe Song Room$19172
- 2Euro WAM/Variety help kids, as they love to do!Variety - the Children's Charity NSW$16468
- 3So They Can Team 1So They Can$8774
- 4The Chain GangThe Song Room$7883
- 5Christ Church St Ives Rouleurs Bible Society Australia (Tax Deductible)$7097
- 1Euro WAM/Variety help kids, as they love to do!Variety - the Children's Charity NSW6914 km
- 2WAM in JapanVariety Australia Limited6403 km
- 3Team K2Compassion Australia6034 km
- 4Fellowship of the Chainrings II, Return of 2 Jerseysbeyondblue5714 km
- 5So They Can Team 1So They Can5304 km
Help turn dreams into reality
Disorders such as cancer, trauma and degeneration lead to reduced lifespan and impact on quality of life and the ability to live independently. Our vision is to create a dedicated hub – the Advanced Biofabrication Centre – bringing together medicine, engineering, science and industry to revolutionise how we approach medical solutions to these chronic health problems.
The ability to build organs, bones, nerves and even muscle – to literally replace body parts - will deliver life-changing opportunities for our patients!
“Going from the possibility of an amputation to where you preserve the limb on account of one (replacement) bone is rewarding if you can achieve it,” says Professor Peter Choong, Director of Orthopaedics at St Vincent's. “Science advances have allowed us to consider 3D printing of bones. We printed a heel…that’s an example of how we’re transferring science and research into practice.”
The Great Southern Crossing is a virtual cycling charity challenge for teams of up to five riders that launched on 1 September 2016.
Throughout the event, cyclists log their kilometres on their regular rides using Strava or MapMyFitness and track their progress to see how far they can go on the epic 5,200km virtual route crossing Australia, all while raising funds for their favourite cause.
Accelerating discoveries together!
St Vincent’s has a great tradition of excellence and innovation and with your fundraising support we can help revolutionise patient treatment through total limb reconstruction and nerve and muscle regeneration.
This is YOUR opportunity to make all those kilometres on the bike count. Do it from the comfort of your garage, on your local bikeway, wherever you love to ride.
So gather your team and Register NOW!
Switch on your fitness app.
It’s your cycling ritual. This September, make your cycling ritual count for the cause you love.