Position is calculated using distance cycled, plus 1km for every $5 raised.
- Funds Raised
- 1Euro WAM/Variety help kids, as they love to do!Variety - the Children's Charity NSWFinished
- 2Team K2Compassion AustraliaFinished
- 3So They Can Team 1So They CanFinished
- 4Bike BeatsThe Song RoomFinished
- 5WAM in JapanVariety Australia LimitedFinished
- 1Bike BeatsThe Song Room$19172
- 2Euro WAM/Variety help kids, as they love to do!Variety - the Children's Charity NSW$16468
- 3So They Can Team 1So They Can$8774
- 4The Chain GangThe Song Room$7883
- 5Christ Church St Ives Rouleurs Bible Society Australia (Tax Deductible)$7097
- 1Euro WAM/Variety help kids, as they love to do!Variety - the Children's Charity NSW6914 km
- 2WAM in JapanVariety Australia Limited6403 km
- 3Team K2Compassion Australia6034 km
- 4Fellowship of the Chainrings II, Return of 2 Jerseysbeyondblue5714 km
- 5So They Can Team 1So They Can5304 km
No matter where you live or where you ride, you can make a difference this September by cycling and fundraising for The Amy Gillett Foundation in the Great Southern Crossing.
The Amy Gillett Foundation works with all levels of government, road authorities, corporate, motoring, cycling and community safety organisations and the public to create a safer bike riding environment in Australia.
The Great Southern Crossing is a virtual cycling charity challenge for teams of up to five riders that launched on 1 September 2016.
Throughout the event, cyclists log their kilometres on their regular rides using Strava or MapMyFitness and track their progress to see how far they can go on the epic 5,200km virtual route crossing Australia, all while raising funds for their favourite cause.
What we do
There are now over 4 million Australians riding regularly – this represents a 45% growth over the past decade!
Whilst it’s great to see more people experiencing the joy and reap the benefits of riding a bike there is a hidden dilemma: cycling participation is growing rapidly, but cycling injuries are growing at a faster rate. We are a charity with one purpose – bike rider safety. This is what drives us to create change!
Our Mission: Safe bike riding in Australia.
Our Vision: Zero bike rider fatalities
Switch on your fitness app.
It’s your cycling ritual. This September, make your cycling ritual count for the cause you love.